Driving Experience with Proton Preve to Genting


I was browsing the internet to check on cars and somehow I came acrosss of one of the article in carlist.my. The title is "Enthusiast’s Diary – The Many Ways Up Genting". In the article, it had mentioned that there is one road to go up to Genting via Ulu Yam and Batang Kali. Frankly said, I never knew there is any other way to go up to Genting except using Karak highway. The arcticle also highlited the road is good for a leisure drive as well as to test the car dynamic and power. I didn't have the car to test for the dynamic and power. But for a leisure drive, why not.

The Waze or Google Maps by default suggested to use the Karak Highway. It's a bit tricky to manually change the route. I have to carefully set the navigation to Jalan Sungai Tua first. From there, I navigate again to Genting Skyway via route B23 Jalan Hulu Yam Bharu - Batu Caves. 

From Bangi, I took the PLUS highway and drove to Batu Caves via Jalan Kuching. There were not much traffic. So it is quite a smooth drive. I stopped at Restoran Ibrahim Maju at Taman Amaniah for breakfast. Roti telur with mutton curry. Yummy.

True, this is a beautiful route. Aside from going uphill and downhill in some part, the road also have some tight bend for me to enjoy it. Road condition are good and on the both side it is thick with greenery. It was very nice and cold. Along the way I noticed that there is a recreational area of Sungai Tua waterfall.

Later, I found myself drive into a very small and busy old town. It looks like a 'Kampung Cina' to me. I wish next time I have a time to stop by. The road are busy with a lot of people especially on the side of the road selling and buying stuff. It was a Saturday morning, so a lot of people flocking at the market. Shops also full of people having their breakfast etc.

After a long drives, I admit I enjoyed it so much. Eventhough my Preve are not big on power, but the handling makes me feel so enjoyable. 

Actually, I brought along my daughter. We went up until we reached Genting and stop at First World Hotel. If I was alone, I would just travel back immediately. But since I was with my daughter, I took her to spend some time in Genting's Indoor Park. Playing and having some food. She was very happy. 

The weather were cold with thick mist during our way back to Kuala Lumpur. So I need to be extra careful. I took normal route back to KL. The road are not so good with potholes and bad road patch. Not to mention the countless speedbump along the way down.

The whole journey are about 180 km. Total time of driving are about 3 hours and 30 minutes. I'm not so sure about the accuracy of the indicators. But it shows in average it took me 7.7 liter per 100 km. I've pushed the car uphill for a lot of time and I guess it was not bad after all. I noticed that I only use 2 bars by fuel indicator. So it might have cost me around 13 to 18 liters of petrol. 

Hopefully, I can find another road trip for me to drive. It feels really good to unwind like this once in a while.








Comments

Popular Posts