Tips using SAT button in Preve IAFM+

If there is one mystery in Proton Preve Executive, it would be an SAT button near the handbrake. Lots of people doesn't know what to do with this little button. Worst, some people are freak out if they accidentally push it. Mine included.

So what is it? What does it do? Is it some kind of special button that enables the car to be faster? What's the effect? When to use it? Etc.. etc.. Right?

Ok. Let me help to explain this based on my own experience. I also really found the use of the button after about 4 years of owning my car. Call me stupid or why I don't read manual. Trust me. I've read the manual. But still don't get it after turn it on / off multiple times. I felt like the useless button just created by Proton.

It's started like this. I was travelling with my family to Sg.Petani. With full of luggage and people, the car feels very heavy to accelerate. I actually fed up with the car pick up for a long time already. The effect of long journey, with tiredness everything, all things just add salt to the wound. Cannot take it anymore, I drove the car with Sport mode and SAT on.

Guess what? The car accelerates much better and the engine screams like hell. I don't care. Sg. Petani have lots of traffic light. I want to get to the next traffic light, faster. After awhile, I swith to D from S (Sport mode). But left the SAT ON. Then I feel like each time I accelerate, it feels much faster. Faster than normal. The pick up are a bit better. So I left it ON the entire journey. 

Actual things is when SAT are OFF, I didn't feel the gear change. It's a CVT nature. It feels like the speed is slowly and gradually increase. Smooth but sluggish. But sometimes feels jerky when the car are about to start moving. With SAT are ON, I can feel the gear change as per old automatic transmission. The RPM will climb a bit higher when the car start moving. When SAT ON, I notice that immediately the RPM jump to > 2500. But with SAT OFF, the RPM start climb to 2000 only. Simple logic is the higher the RPM, the faster the car starts moving.

So until now, I just left my SAT to ON. No issues so far. And I like it better.

There is another post that you can refer to to know what are common symptoms if Preve engine is heating up. Click here to jump directly to the post. 

Is your car making any weird sound and underpower than usual? Then you might want to check this post.

A bit of fact...

Proton Preve  Executive using Punch Powertrain VT2 CVT gearbox.
SAT stand for STEP AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. What it does is mimicking the conventional automatic gear change. For CVT, the gear change are suppose to be smooth and linear.

Comments

Popular Posts