Perodua Bezza 1.3 Premium X short review

Photo from Perodua's Website

Recently, I had a chance to drive the Perodua latest model which is Perodue Bezza. Bezza is the first sedan from Perodua. The one that I drove was a 1.3 Premium X - Automatic version with Gear Up accessories package interior and exterior.

In Perodua's website, the price stated for this spec is RM 44,800.00. Both for solid or metallic paint.

This new model have been equipped with the Energy Efficient Vehicle (EEV). Which will help Bezza to save the fuel even better than current Perodua lineup. 

I only had a very brief test drive around Bukit Rambai, Melaka. The road is quite narrow but luckily there is not much traffic so the drive went quite smooth.

I'm amazed because it is equip with Smart Entry and Push Start/Stop. Makes my Preve feels outdated. Preve only provide this feature for CFE model which are more expensive. On the other hand, Bezza is in the 'economy' segment. But yet, they managed to equip with this feature.

The seats are leather wrapped (Gear Up accessories). Perodua stated in the spec, the seats are semi-bucket. But I felt it's just like a normal seat. Compared to Iriz's seats, I think Iriz's seat are more likely to feel like a semi-bucket seat. For driving position, I think it's just nice. Also the dashboard are neat and clean without much clutter. 

Due to this, the inside feels quite spacious, with minimal decoration with a plain black shiny dashboard. It is a familiar sight due to the Bezza is using the Perodua Axia's dashboard. 

Photo from carbase.my


Performance wise, I believe the accelerations is good. I noticed that there is one green leaf symbol on the meter panel. It's the EEV indicator to show whether the way I'm driving is basically in economical range or not.

I can't say much about the handling due to a very short session with the car. The one thing that I've noticed was the steering feedback is not so strong. It makes it the front of the car feels very light. Maneuverability is good. I managed to squeeze the car in tight parking spot with a breeze.

I think the car is decent for small family and in urban area. For a long distance driving, I'm not so sure. Hopefully, I will get the chance to drive it again in the near future.

Comments

Popular Posts